We have recommended vinegar as an organic and safe cleaning solution for a long time. It is inexpensive, effective, and safe for your pets and children. Vinegar has been around since before the Egyptians. Anthropologists have found evidence showing that it has been used as a cleaning solution for about as long as it has been used in cooking and sometimes drinking. Many already know about the various uses of this famous fermented fluid, but how much do you really know about vinegar? Challenge yourself with this vinegar trivia test and see how much you really know about all things vinegar.
- How much did the most expensive bottle of vinegar sell for?
- A favorite for salad lovers, what fruit is balsamic vinegar derived from.
- What vinegar is made from a beer?
- White Wine
- Red Wine
- Vinegar was the name of a popular band in Germany. What type of music were they known for?
- Hip hop
- Acid Rock
- Vinegar Girl is a 2016 novel by Anne Tyler that is a retelling of which Shakespeare play?
- Anthony and Cleopatra
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Taming of the Shrew
- Vinegar Creek is an exciting stretch of whitewater located in what Idaho county?
- Idaho County
- Owyhee County
- Caribou County
- Kootenai County
- Vinegar is great for cleaning, when you need a little extra help what patron saint of cleaning should you pray to?
- Mary MacKillopp
- Some of us are terrified of cleaning, the fear of vinegar is called?
- A cleaner in Germany ruined a modern sculpture valued at over $1,000,000 by scrubbing it clean. What was the sculpture piece that the woman ruined?
- What surface should you never use vinegar to clean?
How do you think you did? Did you clean up the board, or make a mess of all the questions?
Here are the answers to score yourself and see where you rank on the vinegar trivia challenge.
- C- Sold at auction in 1985, what was once Thomas Jefferson’s bottle of 1787 wine sold at auction for $156,000. Still the most expensive bottle of ”wine” ever sold. At the time of purchase it was nothing more than very old and expensive vinegar.
- A- Grapes are the starting place of the foodie favorite, Balsamic Vinegar.
- D- Malt vinegar is from beer, no wonder the vinegar is so popular as a condiment in English pubs.
- B- The band members must have known about the high acid content of vinegar… but it’s not the kind of acid that makes you high.
- C- Highlighting the acid tongue of the female lead Vinegar Girl is a retelling of Taming of the Shrew.
- A. Enjoy this popular run of the Salmon River near Riggins in Idaho County.
- D- Zita is the patron saint of housecleaning and housekeepers.
- A- Freaking out when vinegar is near? You may suffer from Acerphobia.
- A- The gallery cleaner in Germany did not realize the dirty bucket was painstakingly and artistically created…. Not just a dirty bucket, thankfully the sculpture was insured.
- A- The acidic quality of vinegar will wear away at the granite over time making the surface dulled and uneven.
How did you do? One point for each correct answer.
8-10 - SPOTLESS
5-7 - Tangy and talented
2-4 - In a Pickle
0-1 - Sour Grapes