Our kitchens are the heart of the house, one of the favorite places for people to gather, and by far the biggest mess-generating room of the home. Additionally, there is no other room that is as important to be sure is kept in good clean condition. As much time as we spend cooking and cleaning in this room, how much do we really know about it? Here is a kitchen cleaning trivia quiz to find out once and for all how much you really know about keeping this critical room clean.
- One of the most important kitchen cleaning tools to many of us is the dishwasher. When was the first mechanical dishwasher invented in the United States?
- What part of your refrigerator should you be sure to clean twice a year?
- The vegetable tray.
- The handles.
- The coils.
- The meat tray.
- Which of the following are great to use to keep your stainless steel appliances clean?
- Oatmeal in water.
- Baby oil.
- Oil and Vinegar.
- How often should you replace your kitchen sponge?
- Every two weeks.
- Second Sunday of every month.
- Don’t replace it, just clean it.
- What is the easiest way to clean your kitchen?
- With the lights off.
- Call 208 Cleaning.
- Flame thrower.
- One inch at a time.
- B- While the dishwasher was not affordable to the majority of Americans until the 1970’s, the machine has been an idea since 1850 when the first patent was granted. That invention was described as a wooden box that used a hand crank and sprayed water. It was not popular.
- C- If you are scratching your head right now wondering what the coils are, you are not alone. Most people forget that they need to clean the coils in the back of the fridge two times a year. Simply unplug the fridge and vacuum the coils in the back. The dust and debris that collect on the coils can cause your fridge to run inefficiently. You should be cleaning the inside of your fridge out every month and the handles daily.
- D- Not just for your salads anymore, oil and vinegar can be a great inexpensive cleaning option for your stainless steel appliances. Add white vinegar to your spray bottle of water and use it on your stainless steel appliances and wipe clean with warm water and a microfiber towel. Rub a bit of olive oil on the surface afterward for added protection and shine.
- A- Commonly referred to as the dirtiest thing in a home, the kitchen sponge has a way of hanging around for far too long. The common rule is to toss your sponge every two weeks. With lots of eco-friendly options, don’t think twice about tossing these germ magnets. It is also a good recommendation to have a separate sponge for cleaning veggies and another for dishes and surfaces. If you decide to have both, remember not to store them in the same place.
- B- If you are looking to spend your precious time with friends and family and not scrubbing the kitchen, there is no better option than the pros at 208 Cleaning. Lose the stress and spend time doing what you want and leave the deep cleaning to the pros. Give us a call today and find out how we can make your life sparkle.
How did you do?
2-3…. A little moldy!
0-1…. Time to get the bleach!