It’s time for barbeque season and that means having friends and family over for some cold beverages and hot food. When it comes down to it, a lot of the success or failure of a barbeque rests on the shoulders of the menu presented. Coming up with a menu from scratch can be a bit of a daunting task since the pressure is literally all on you to throw the perfect get together. In order to help ease your burden this summer, we have come up with a few menu ideas that may help inspire you on your next cookout! Enjoy.
Sides often get overlooked when it comes to planning the perfect BBQ menu, but rest assured that your guests won’t soon forget these sides! We have found a few unique and mouth watering recipes for you to try that will really steal the spotlight at your next get together.
- First, we recommend serving bacon wrapped grilled brussels sprouts to get appetites whetted. These are first soaked in a garlic soy marinade and then wrapped in bacon and skewered. Toss these bad boys on the grill for about 4 minutes per side and you got yourself a side dish!
- For our second side, we recommend a classic with a modern twist: foil packet grilled potatoes and onions. This campfire classic is easy to assemble and is fully customizable to suit your tastes and flavor profiles.
The main event! We have two unique main dish ideas that will get your creative juices flowing!
- Surf and turf is really making a comeback this year and this dish is no exception. How about you try these delicious shrimp and sausage BBQ skewers?! They are easy to make and sure to impress as they are a different protein than we are used to, but packed full of great flavors.
- For an alternate entrée, we think you should try a juicy shredded chicken sandwich as your next BBQ main dish. They eat like a burger, but aren’t the same old song and dance. They are packed with flavor and are typically much cheaper than burgers as well so you can have more money for other items like cold beverages.
Desserts are a little bit trickier to do on the grill, but we found a few zingers that will have your guests singing your praises (and begging for seconds!).
- We recommend simple yet tasty grilled fruit kebabs. They are light yet tasty and can be served with whipping cream as a topping or ice cream as a side. They are simple to make and are one of the few desserts that can be fully made on the grill!
- We also love this BBQ style s’mores pizza. This dessert is as easy to put together as it is decadent.
You now have a nice little inspiration board to help you concoct your next BBQ menu! So, with a little elbow grease and some patience, you can have the ultimate outdoor party this summer. Let us know if you or someone you know may be in need of a residential or commercial cleaning service like ours. We can’t wait to hear from you. Give us a call or email us here. Have fun and stay safe out there.